Fall is here, and slowly the weather is headed downhill (and by that, I mean I won’t be able to wear flip-flops soon). Keeping this in mind, I’m looking for things to do with baby during school hours, and the big kids during the afternoons and on the weekends. And, as I’ve mentioned before, I find it a little challenging to come up with activities that I can bring baby to.
Here’s what I’ve come up with during my brainstorming:
- Check out the spawning salmon at Mission Creek (or if I’m feeling adventurous, drive to Peachland to visit Hardy Falls. So beautiful there.)
- Pop into the library for babytime (bonus – I can pick up my next round of books!)
- Go visit Davison Orchards to pick out a pumpkin, see the petting zoo, and have some apple cider.
- Ride the hay ride at one of the local pumpkin patches (McMillan is our favourite in Kelowna – they have a pumpkin SLINGSHOT!), because you can never have enough pumpkins at Halloween.
- Make a haunted gingerbread house (I buy the kit from Homesense or Michaels, since it’s under $10, letting me save my baking skills for Christmas).
- Collect leaves and stick them in a flower press (or between wax paper sheets in big books), then using them for a Thanksgiving centrepiece.
I don’t have any more great ideas at the moment, but I think that documenting this list via a blog post will help motivate me to actually do the activities in question. Here’s hoping I get my butt in gear. That is, if we can escape the fall “everyone is sick at school” germs first.